Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Episode 55: Glide

Chet, Sam and Romain
In this episode, Chet and Romain talk with Sam Judd from the Google Photos team about Glide, an image loading and caching library, and its use in the Photos app.

Subscribe to the podcast feed or download the audio file directly.

Links:
Glide project: https://github.com/bumptech/glide

Using Glide in your project: compile 'com.github.bumptech.glide:glide:3.7.0'




Romaingoogle.com/+RomainGuy@romainguy
Chetgoogle.com/+ChetHaase@chethaase
Tor: google.com/+TorNorbye@tornorbye

Thanks to continued tolerance and support by our audio engineer, Bryan Gordon.

5 comments:

  1. Another great episode!
    I only missed the details on Glide 4.0 status and release timeline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ADB,
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but every time you guys upload a new episode, an older one is removed from the feed (the cap is at 25 episodes I believe). Even if this is intentional to limit outdated content, I still think we should be able to choose whether or not we listen to that outdated content. Thanks! I hope this gets fixed soon!

    PS: just in case you guys forgot, the atom feed is what's used to show episodes on Play Music (and I think pretty much all podcast players)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys! I am desperately waiting for the next episode of your podcast. My commutes to work are not the same without your awesome android talks. I hope soon we get a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great episode guys!
    And I guess the total method count for Glide is 2879.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Nice comparison chart
    https://i.stack.imgur.com/TdLCr.png
    Found it here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29363321/picasso-v-s-imageloader-v-s-fresco-vs-glide

    ReplyDelete